Friday, May 27, 2011

52 Project - Black & White

I LOVE B&W photos.  They seem to have this raw sense of emotion to them that is just so powerful & can turn an already stunning image into something breathtaking!  Most of the images I capture of a dog with their owners go over to b&w . . the lack of colour (and therefore distraction) means the focus is purely on the interaction between the two subjects. 

With shooting pets I've found that the majority of cats, dogs, horses look better in colour.  A dogs coat can be such an important element in making him or her unique & turning a portrait b&w doesn't always do them justice.  My Alfie looks better in colour . .he's a deep chocolate brown colour & I rarely edit his photos to b&w.  Jersey however (being grey, darker grey & orange around her mouth from where she eats sand :/) looks beautiful in b&w and so of course was my subject for this week.





Head on over to Chase & Snap Photography to see Stephanie Madeline's stunning b&w images :)  Keep following the links until you end up back here!  I Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment