Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Perfect Guy

Aidan and I will celebrate 4 years together on Feb 14. I wrote the following just after i turned 21 - about one month before i had any idea that the guy i'd had a crush on since 2001 (who was inconveniently my best friend Phil's brother!) was about to sweep me off my feet!! I put it up on my blog on January 5, 2007 (back when myspace was where it was at)!

Someone asked me today why i don't have a boyfriend and what super powers will a man have to posses to convince me to give up my beloved life in single town????

Anyone who knows me knows of my undying love for Robert Peter Williams. . . I don't want to be just another obsessed fan'! I'm not!! Yes, I'd very much love to be pursued by one Mr Williams but would I do as I've done repeatedly since I was 16, and simply lose interest once he liked me back??? What could have happened in my 21 years on this earth to turn me into such a picky young lady!! I am aware that I'm not perfect and I don't expect the man I might love to be either but I should see them as perfect and they me shouldn't they?? Isn't that what love is supposed to be? Loving someone for reasons noone else can see or even understand?

What am I looking for in a man…?? An unusual fellow, someone who's good looking without trying, who is honest when needed and tells me white lies when I choose to hear them (insert does my bum look big?, is she prettier than me?, etc) Someone who can make any chore or obligation a fun event. Charisma – a presence when they walk into a room, and a feeling that will stay with me forever, that won't fade or disappear as life slows down. Someone strong, not just in the physical sense but emotionally and mentally, someone fun and adventurous, someone who wants to see the world with me by his side. Someone who sees the glass as half full, who will kiss me in the rain and watch a girlie movie with me when I'm feeling needy. Someone who remains quiet and fetches me whatever I may need during the worst few days of PMS and someone to laugh at me if I take life too seriously. Someone who makes the absolute best out of every situation, who .looks forward to Christmas and genuinely likes spending time with my family. Someone who sees my Sammy puppy as I do – the most beautiful dog in the entire world. Someone with an incomparable soul that makes their eyes sparkle when they smile. Someone who will stroke my hair once I'm asleep. Someone who appreciates life and everything that they are given in that life.


See I'm not THAT bad. I never want to settle. I vow never to be with someone for the sake of 'having someone'. But only to never settle for anything but the best.


People may have thought i was asking too much? :p My friend Cenovito bought me a shirt from Disneyland when he visited America - it has the Mister Men on it & says "Looking for Mr Perfect"


Aidan is more wonderful than i can explain - he can tell what i'm thinking even when i haven't thought it yet. He makes me laugh, mostly at him rather than with him. He explains to our fur children why he yelled at them so they know he's not just being mean and he hides the chocolate from me when it's necessary. He puts up with morning me (who is not a friendly Bear) & still tells me he loves me when he leaves for work - that's a feat as even i don't love me in the morning time!

I have no doubt that everything happens for a reason. I was lucky enough to spend my teen years with the most unbelievably fun, outgoing friends that made me so proud of who I am & a family that has made sure i always know what i'm worth.

I know exactly how lucky i am x

1 comment:

  1. Awwww CB this made me teary! I love that ur happy with Aiden :) Nice xxxx

    ReplyDelete