Friday, April 29, 2011

52 Project - Blur

I will enjoy a BIG glass of wine with dinner tonight!  For this weeks 52 Project i was relying on my Jersey girl being her usual naughty self.  She had other plans.  When i saw that this weeks theme was Blur i instantly knew what i planned on doing!  I wanted to capture Jersey's crazy mane in full flight as she does a big shake - the speed my 5d syncs up with my strobes is 200ths of a second which in Pet photography terms isn't nearly fast enough for most things but for getting a cute little nose in focus while the rest of her is blurry & full of action it's purrrfect!  I started off by popping a few drops of water in her nose . . .nothing.  Then a bit more on her forehread and a few dabs on her back . . . .she lay there.



Then she lay there some more  . . .



if you've ever met Jersey you'll know it's IMPOSSIBLE to get her to sit/lie/stand still for ANYTHING!  Even if she's sitting for a treat, if you take too long she lunges at you with her mouth wide open - she meant business.  This ordeal took up over 2 hours of my lifeeeeee!  I ran a shallow bath and put her paws in and dribbled some water on her back.  Wrapped he in a towel & carried her over to the backdrop.  SHE JUST SAT THERE!!!  The most movement i got out of her was this little roll around.  If you use your imagination you can almost see my what i mean by using this ext image as an example :p



Then while she lay there looking sad she let out a sad little squeek :(  I felt AWFUL.  So i sighed a big sigh, decided what i had would have to do & turned off the strobe & put the camera on the floor.  I rolled over to her to give her a cuddle & tell her i love her & what do you know - she jumped up & shook the dirty Jersey water ALL. OVER. ME.    

I do love her. . . despite todays performance. . . or lack thereof.



Oh yes, i will enjoy my wine tonight.  Please head on over to the fabulous Steph Skardal to see if her gorgeous pups did what their Mum told them to!!  As always, keep clicking on the links until you end up back here :D

2 comments:

  1. Ha!! Great Story! And...I feel ya'! They hardly ever do what you want them to...when ya' want them to do it. :)
    I hope you enjoyed your well-earned glass of wine. :0)
    (and i love that bottom photo).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoyed the wine! your posts and stories always make me laugh :) I love that last image!

    ReplyDelete