Monday, June 27, 2011

Chopper

Taking photos of dogs in shelters, rescues & foster homes is something I absolutely love doing.  I love meeting each & every dog & am always in awe of the amazing jobs their carers do, whether it be a Volunteer, Rescue Organiser or Foster Parents.  It's also the BEST way to improve at what i do!  For a Client Shoot we generally have 15 minutes to get the dog used to me & my camera, and then another hour and half to get the shots we need.  With rescue dogs I have around 15 minutes to get a few good shots that will hopefully help their new family to fall a little bit in love with them before they've even met.  It's all about the eyes.  Dogs are wiser than anyone gives them credit for & their soulful eyes just ooze intensity.  For ten minutes on Saturday morning I sat with a slobbery teddy bear on my head & took photos of Chopper - a 6 year old Staffy who was taken off his last owner through absolutely no fault of his own.  A staffy who loves a teddy so much he DOESN'T rip it to shreds???  A unique man indeed.




If you can give this gorgeous boy a wonderful new home, check out his Profile here or give Bec a call on 0405 164 598 if you'd like to jump in & meet him :)

2 comments:

  1. Chopper's lovely - and great photos. Hope he finds a wonderful home soon.

    I photograph some of the harder-to-rehome dogs at my local rescue here in the UK and blog about them. I am always falling in love!

    Angela
    UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's your blog Angela? :) Chopper found a lovely new home a few weeks ago :D I fall in love with every single one too!

    ReplyDelete